Just as a side note, one day I'm going to learn how to make this thing a little more fancy. This post won't be too long because I have to go bed soon (because these days school calls for me to be a grandma.) Lately, I've been so encouraged by girls at school and they don't even realize it. And no, I'm not just writing this because girls in co will read it. Tonight in bible study we talked about encouragement in the body of Christ and how important it is. I can't tell you how many times I've been built up in the Lord by some of the girls here. It's like one minute someone is rebuking me in such a loving way or encouraging me simply because of how they love me because of who Christ has made me to be. All that is great, but they don't realize how much I have been built up and pushed towards the Lord because of their lives. To know that just 2 years ago many of the girls I'm talking about were throwing their lives away for selfish gain. And because of Jesus, they are completely changed by the blood of Jesus and pursuing hard after him MAKES ME SMILE SO BIG!! It brings joy to my heart to see one of my very best friends long to be in the Word of God multiple times a day, or to see a girl who i saw hardly ever talk begin to sing her heart out to a God who completely transformed her from the inside out, or even to see multiple girls who have known about Jesus their entire life leading other girls to know Christ more intimitely is so stinkin' good to my soul. I thought I had seen women on fire for a high and mighty God, but never have I been so encouraged. I can't even explain it. I wish I could put into words what it means to my heart to be pushed towards Jesus harder and stronger by women who want nothing more than to see me grow in the Lord and love me for who I am. And not saying that I haven't ever had this before, but to see it at this kind of magnitude on such a tiny campus just blows my mind.
God has been so gracious to me as far as giving me community and really blessing me with Godly friendships that will last for eternity.
I am one blessed woman. To have a God who saved her, a mamma who loves her, and women that push her to be more like Jesus daily.
No comments:
Post a Comment