Tuesday, May 11, 2010

SUMMER IS HEREEEE






I know!! It's been a while.
Summer is here, folks! I finished my hardest semester of college with 3 A's and a B+. I am soooo ok with that. All I have left now is my one semester of student teaching. I will officially graduate from college on December 18th, 2010. THAT is a good feeling!

I will be working at and around Sylva this summer. I will be working in Dillsboro at family owned convenient store at night/saturday until the end of June. When the kiddos get out of school I will start working at a day camp all day every day until I start student teaching in August. I'm excited to be living around school and working a job. This will be my first summer of a little bit of down time. I'm excited to see what it will be like. Like usual, since exam time, my time with the Lord has been lacking. I'm drained. But that doesn't at all mean that I can just stop pursuing the Lord for a while. I can tell I haven't been actively fighting sin and filling my mind with things above. My insecurities slowely seep back in and I become lazy. I can't do that anymore. It's time to get back. I'm excited to see what the Lord is going to teach me this summer. The first summer I haven't been at Snowbird. I will be right around the corner of my "school church" and will only have a couple friends here this summer. This is what it will really be like in the real world. Not necessarily not having community, but for the first time in my life, having to pursue the Lord and really love him without someone telling me, reminding me, or doing it because 100 people around me do it too. It's going to be just me and God this summer...with some encouragment here and there. I'm super excited and a little scared to see what sort of being on my own will be like...using the "on my own" term loosly....because I understand that I'm really not alone at all. Let me just add one thing. I think its going to be awesome working in a convenient store. haha.

This is such a weird stage in life. I'm so ready to get out of college but I'm scared to be an adult. But I'm ready to be married and have a family. But I don't think I'm ready for that. But I love school and just want to teach for a while. So, haha, we'll see what the next couple months bring. haha. Being almost 22 is just a weird time. However, it's really fun. I can do whatever I want.

I'm at home right now. Mamma is doing laundry and we are watching biggest loser. See, how come I can't just stay here all my life and just do nothing? haha.

Donovan left for Sweden today. It was exciting to see him get to go. He can't wait to see the people he met last summer and really pour into others in Sweden and share eternal hope with them. People say, "How are you going to do it? You see him every day? Will you be ok?" haha. Well of course! He will be back in 6 weeks. But he is doing something he loves, he is sharing his life and sharing who Jesus is with people who have literally never heard. He is thrilled to be half way around the world amd I'm thrilled too.

I always like to leave this with encouragment and prayer requests of some sort. I always have to remind myself that I'm not perfect and that I just need to love Jesus. I worry a lot and am a perfectionist so that isn't always as easy as it seems. I recently sat and talked with some super wise women from my church at school and one of the ladies said something so easy but so profound to me. She said, "Oh hunny, don't be like us. Just pursue the Lord and seek to glorify him wth your life." whoa. ok. I'll just chill out. Live my life for Christ and trust him with it. So, people...just do it. Just seek to love Christ and things of him. In the meantime, you can pray for me. Because I'm a sinner, saved by grace and I need prayers like everyone else. Pray that I will have good rest and such sweet time to be with Jesus. I will not be working during the day until June so I will plenty of time to just rest and be with Jesus. I pray that for myself but prayers from others is always great. That I would really enjoy and seek out discipleship from the ladies at church and enjoy this chill summer. I don't usually deal well with having time to "rest" so my prayer is that I will take a good advantage of that.

:) :) :) :)
Enjoy these pictures from mothers day. Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment