Thursday, January 6, 2011

Oh, I'm back!

Well hello again.
I've finally finished student teaching graduated college and I have the luxury of now having precious time to myself. As cheesy as it may sound, I am entering a whole new world, and I'm going at with the attitude that it is a dazzling place that I have never known.
Remember the time I said semesters previous were the hardest of all? Well, this one far surpassed anything I ever imagined. Everything about it was tough. Teaching and being a student all at the same time is so hard. Waking up at 5am is super hard. The thought of going away from the place I'd called home for four and a half years was hard. Letting anything and everything get in the way of Jesus was the most difficult. But, I've learned so so much. I don't have the time or patience to type out every single thing that happened and all the things that I've learned because it would take forever. And since teaching 2nd graders whose attention span is 20 minutes MAX, I'm not as good as I used to be at just sitting down and writing for an hour. I will however give you a brief overview of the good, amazing, bad, and ugly so that you can pray for me, laugh hysterically, cry maybe (nicole), and then be waiting on the edge of your seat for what will come in the following months. Then, I'll leave you with some pictures. haha...I just gave you like a lesson plan of whats about to take place.

Here goes:
- student teaching was an absolute BLAST, but teachers do WAYYY more than you have ever imagined. I promise.
-"Ms. Jones, you should probably never go without makeup. You just don't look good without it."
- my precious grandma was in and out of the hospital and rehab for 62 days, went through 2 stomach surgeries, and a brain surgery, is 86 years old and is sitting at home in her rocking chair willing and able to tell you how Jesus was the only reason she is still alive. "I don't think I can ever say another cuss word or talk ugly about somebody. Jesus has been to good to me to do that stuff." -nana
- fall semester GPA- - - 4.0!!
- my time with Jesus suffered this semester for many reasons,which come December really saddened me, but I'm continuing to learn and be challenged with where my affections and desires lye and whoooo is at the very depths and core of my motives...me or Jesus.
- Still no job, but continually searching. Being a grown up is for the birds.
- got a NEW car that runs amazingly well and enjoys being on the road instead of beside it!
- am excited about only be 3 hours from home instead of 5. my mamma is thankful too i think. :)
- "Ms. Jones, your shoes don't match your outfit. Just so you know." "Thanks M, I will keep that in mind for tomorrow.
- I am still dating my super amazingly great and precious boyfriend....and have almost made it to 1 year and 6 months. and I've loved every stinkin' minute of it.
- I have the greatest friends and family in the whole entire world.
-and I had an amazing conversation with a brand new sister in Christ today who had nothing else to say other than, "I just want to get in the Word and read and learn all that I can." So encouraging. and convicting all at the same time. Is that your desire?

I love love love yall.



2 comments:

  1. look at you and your boo! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohmygoshhhhhhh i'm so excited you have a blog! i'm going to stalk you regularly so i know what's going on in your life. miss miss miss you!

    ReplyDelete