Tuesday, January 11, 2011

They left me in charge...

As some of you may know, I'm taking care of my grandma for the next couple of weeks. Here are a few stories or quotes from the past couple of days for your enjoyment and to see just how precious she is.

- "You need to get dinner cooked."
"Why nana?"
"Darlin, you only have a little bit of daylight left! The sun is about to go down! You better get dinner cooked!"

-(7:45am) nana comes in my room. "I came to get the dog. He needs to go to the bathroom. I just know it. He hasn't been all night. He has surely peed everywhere and needs to go to pee."

- (probably said 15 times yesterday) "Honey, get some socks on." "You will catch a cold, go get some socks." "Nana, I'm sweating because the heat is on 74 and you have the gas logs on!" "If I go get the socks myself will you put them on? It's worrying me to death."

- "Did you call Donovan and tell him you were sick?"
"Make sure you call Donovan and tell him you are sick."
"I'm going to bed. Did you call Donovan yet and tell him goodnight and you love him? You better do that."

hahahaha. The joys of being with this sweet woman for days. whew.

1 comment: